Modern Furniture Blog

Modern Furniture Blog

Modern living rooms

Modern living rooms

About Alexander Calzadilla

Alexander Calzadilla is a Cuban male originally from Philadelphia, who has happily called Miami his home since moving here at the age of 15. He attended Southwest Sr. High School and Florida International University, ultimately receiving his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. While in college, he began working as a paralegal for the Law Offices of Jeffrey E. Reichenbacher, a position he kept for seven years after graduation. He subsequently worked at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Associates before landing at Costa Nursery. After distinguishing himself with many accomplishments, he was promoted to the position of Director of Specialty Products, which included the orchid, bonsai and lucky bamboo departments. When Alex was first put in charge of the three departments, they ranked near the bottom. By the time he left Costa after seven years, Alex had transformed the floundering departments into unqualified successes, posting record earnings, sales and profitability. In 2008 Alex was named the Costa Employee of the Year. Alex now puts his formidable prowess as a businessman into his newest venture, Avant-Garde Home Furnishings, LLC, serving as Managing Partner.

About Avant-Garde

We offer home furnishings and decor for every area of your home,both inside and out, always striving to bring you the most current design elements being used by today's top designers, at a fraction of their retail cost. Whether you are completely redecorating an area of your home, looking for the perfect accent piece to finish off an existing room, shopping for a unique gift, or simply "window shopping" to get design ideas, Avant-Garde is the place to go for everything modern & contemporary for your home.

Biznik - Business Networking

Friday, February 25, 2011

Endings and new beginnings...

A story about new beginnings and finding our
                                                                     dearest friends when we least expect it....


      I find myself tonight at the home of a really good friend helping him pack up the last few rooms of his house as he gets ready to move on to a better place with hopefully better people and a better community to better suit this quite intelligent individual.
      As I pack up his house or should I say condo I do it with a sense of sadness and i cant help but to think back at all the memories I have in this place over the last 6 months... As I pack His things, i realize that I too will miss this place, this apt that has seen so many things, where I have experienced unforgettable memories and where I became the good friends I now am with David Wright, the person who has become one of my very best friends.
      All the sleepless nights, work nights, or simply sitting among other friends in his apt talking and spending the night doing absolutely nothing... Or going out from here and coming back to crazy scenes better left out of this blog... He who puts up with all my lateness and "I am on the way" comments, only to show up 10 hours later with almost nothing of what I had promised done or even planned, or better yet even a clue as to what I said.. It was here I first met David, and it was here we became friends, and laughed, and talked, and planned... and now it will be gone...but hopefully for a better a brighter tomorrow..
       Then there is what i believe to be the smartest cat in the world: answers to your commands, reacts like a child, and listens to David's every word. The only thing I see wrong with Tuxedo is that he always wants to do things when he wants them and not when anyone else wants him to... In my opinion he is laughing at all of us and does it on purpose.. As I look toward the door I see Tuxedo, once again at a moment of his choosing, and of course completely at a time when we are all busy,  begging to get outside, a luxury he just recently got, only to cry to be let in again in two minutes from now... I wonder if he will have the same in his new home as he needs ajustment and David could not bare to loose this one of a kind cat...
      Eventually David and I will most likely be room mates and help each other as we move forward in life, engage ourselves in our business, and grow them and prosper with each other's help, for you see most of what I know and this blog, website, web store, and even my now great business credit, I owe to none other then David Wright.. In our many nights in this place, he was gracious enough to share with me everything he knows... especially about internet business and business credit, Dunn and Bradstreet,  everything Google and Gmail, and he introduced me to the world of Apple after another friend made me buy one... He also introduced me to another one of my closest friends Oreste, a great individual who has become part f what I call a trio, one bound by friendship and esteem for one another, but we'll leave that story for another day...
      So I leave all of you with a thought, always open doors and let people in because around the corner could be your very own version of David Wright, a smart, intelligent, and even not so bad looking individual who I can now say without a doubt is one of my very best friends... Stay tuned as this chapter is just barely beginning and soon you will hear of great things coming from this individual..David Wright










                                                                   ..........to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avant Garde Interior Design Ideas

A House that Transforms

Trip from Miami to Miami Beach

Domain Auctions at GoDaddy.com

Domain Auctions at GoDaddy.com

Miami Beach Art Deco District Slide Show

Modern contemporary showplace and home of Avant-Garde Home Furnishings, LLC, Miami, Florida